What kind of training should civil servants receive so that they can effectively perform their tasks and provide services to citizens in the context of modern challenges?
The answer to this question is provided by the Government's resolution that defines the areas of development of the professional training system in 2024-2027.
"The priority in the educational activities of the NAUCS is to create conditions for civil servants to develop and improve modern professional competencies that are necessary for the post-war recovery and development of Ukraine, building a capable service and digital state," said Nataliia Aliushyna, Head of the National Agency of Ukraine on Civil Service.
The main focuses of the government resolution are:
- digitalisation of services and management processes in the professional training sector;
- increased attention to the quality of professional development of civil servants;
- ensuring the inclusiveness of the professional training system;
- developing the coaching skills of teachers who provide professional training and motivating civil servants to engage in coaching activities;
- regular assessment of the state of the professional training system (based on the system of management indicators) and monitoring of the quality of professional training;
- continuing to develop professional standards as a basis for the professional development of civil servants;
- a clear mechanism for organising professional training for local self-government officials, attention to the training needs of local council deputies;
- updating the standards of higher education in the speciality "Public Management and Administration" and introducing a dual form of education in this speciality;
- training and psychological support for managers in the de-occupied territories;
- development of professional competences of public servants in preventing threats and crisis situations;
- training to prevent "professional burnout" of civil servants;
- introduction of mobility programmes for internships for civil servants abroad;
- learning foreign languages, including summer/winter English-language schools for civil servants;
- dialogue meetings with representatives of international and foreign institutions, organisations, and experts in public service.
The goals and objectives of the development of the professional training system for civil servants for the period 2024-2027 are set out in the Strategy approved by the Coordination Council of the NAUCS, which includes representatives of government agencies, associations of local self-government bodies, international and foreign organisations, educational institutions and other providers of professional training for civil servants.